Monday, February 9, 2009

Facebook

I'm posting again for the sake of posting and I'm trying to get myself into a little routine of keeping up with my new fascination of 'blogging'. My husband thinks I'm being a goob but I do have a topic of interest today...Facebook.

I'll admit, I'm a fan. I think it's a great way for people to keep in touch and to reunite with old friends or coworkers or whatever. With that being said, what gets me is how trivial it is when it comes to accepting a friend request from 'your friend's cousin's boyfriend's friend' who you met once in 1997 at a highschool football game who somehow happened to find you on FB and now wants to be your friend. Seriously? So do you accept the friend request or ignore it. But then it just really boils down to who has the most friends so of course you accept it. Why not? Aren't we cooler with 253 friends versus 252? I know I am. I'm planning to join the Facebook group, "Why are we friends on Facebook when I don't know you in real life?". I think that group speaks volumes to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment