Wednesday, April 28, 2010

20 Weeks

How far along? 20 Weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds (confirmed by the Dr today!) Whoohooo!!!
Maternity clothes? yep
Sleep: Not too bad, just miss sleeping on my belly!!
Movement: Not a ton of movement throughout the day but at least once a day, he has a great workout session with tons of punches, kicks and jumps. His quads and biceps are going to be AWESOME.
Best moment this week: Asking Kathryn what was in my belly and she said, "Mama has a budda belly!"
Cravings: Food. I just like food in general so what's new?
Belly Button: it's out!
What I miss: sweet tea daily - go figure. And turkey sandwiches (COLD). Yum. That sounds so good right now. I am not changing this section. It is all still true and will probably be listed weekly until our little man is born.
What I am looking forward to: Kathryn being the coolest big sister EVER. Buying new bedding! Buying boy clothes! Figuring out everyone's sleeping arrangements and organizing the guest room.
Milestone: Made it to the halfway point!!! 

I had a great dr. appointment today. Blood pressure, weight gain, and the baby's heartbeat were all on track. She said I was measuring 18 weeks (versus 20) but said I likely would measure smaller because I have a long torso. She also mentioned an option about having progesterone shots weekly since Kathryn was preterm so Matt and I have to decide in the next few days if we're going through with that. She said while the shots have worked in the past to prolong pregnancies, there were no guarantees whether it would work or not. And with me having a perfectly normal pregnancy with Kathryn and no signs or reason for the preterm labor, it was a toss up whether I would have the next one early without the shots or even go full term to 40 weeks. We are leaning against the shots but will research a little more tonight. We believe the following: 1.) God is in control regardless 2.) there are no guarantees 3.) why put something additional into my body when the outcome is still uncertain. Yes, we can play devil's advocate with all of the above but God is still in control of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment