Tuesday, May 4, 2010

21 Weeks

How far along? 21 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds +/-1 (likely +)!!
Maternity clothes? yep but have to say I was a little bummed today when I went to purchase some cute maternity outfits and they still didn't fit right..
Sleep: Can't complain
Movement: Still not a ton of movement throughout the day, sometimes later in the afternoon/early evening he starts to play
Best moment this week: Kathryn saw her bouncy seat that we used to use for her and she said, "for baby brother!"
Cravings: Food. I just like food in general so what's new? (that about sums it up still..) And Cheerios. My friend Melissa mentioned a few weeks ago about having a bowl of Cheerios and I've been hooked ever since. We've literally gone through 4-5 of the HUGE boxes in the past 2.5 weeks!
Belly Button: it's out!
What I miss: sweet tea daily - go figure. And turkey sandwiches (COLD). Yum. That sounds so good right now. I am not changing this section. It is all still true and will probably be listed weekly until our little man is born. I'm adding a cold beer back to this section for now. Sometimes, it'd just be nice to have a cold one.
What I am looking forward to: Kathryn being the coolest big sister EVER. Buying new bedding! Buying boy clothes! Arranging the rooms!
Milestone: Made it to the halfway point!!! ...and then some!

So. Want to hear a few things on my mind lately...? Lets just say, when you're pregnant...
  • One minute you can have all the energy in the world and the next second, be completely wiped.
  • One minute you can be over the moon with excitement and joy and all good things and the next, someone can walk across your path and just infuriate you. 
  • One minute you can be comfortable and the next, remind yourself you actually did NOT walk into an invisible sauna. 
  • One minute you know exactly what you're about to do and the next, wonder with curiosity why you're holding the iron in your hand and standing over an ironing board. 
  • One minute you'll get up for ice cream and the next, come back with dill pickles and cheese slices (happened to me last night).. 
  • One minute you'll think you made a breakthrough with a friend and the next, realize 'nope, it's still all about them." 
  • One minute you'll think, 'ok, how am I really going to handle this God?' and the next, be overcome with total peace. 
  • One minute you can be in the middle of a conversation with your husband and the next, ask him, 'so what we were just talking about?'
  • One minute you can be having a nice enjoyable evening outside with your family watching your little girl cruise on her scooter, and the next, realize you're a pregnant girl looking like a mad woman trekking it down the street trying to "catch" the older lady who lets her dog crap in other people's yards without picking it up. (happened about 45 minutes ago...)
So if one or any of the following apply to you while you're pregnant, you're not alone!

3 comments:

  1. This cracked me up. I feel your pain. My favorite is loading the washing machine, putting soap in and then walking away without starting it. When I come back to put the clothes in the dryer, they are just sitting in water with the lid open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I've done the SAME thing several times lately.. Oh what a week :) Just a few more days for you!! Can I just say I am OVER THE MOON with excitement for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok one of my mindless moments I put the leftover from dinner that I had covered in foil in the cabinet with the cups instead of the fridge .. and didn't realize it until I was getting one of the kids a sippy cup the next morning ... I think pregnancy just kills brain cells really

    ReplyDelete