Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Family Times

Nothing beats good old-fashioned family time. Kathryn didn't have school yesterday because of MLK day nor today because of a teacher workday. Days when both the kids and I get to just enjoy each other are my absolute favorite. No agenda, no schedule or places to be, just us being silly and goofy and enjoying each other.

As I type this, I can hear Matt upstairs talking to Kathryn about her day and it warms my heart. Partly because it's about our day together that she's sharing with him and partly because their 'Daddy/Daughter' time is absolutely precious. During bedtime, we all pile on Kathryn's bed and read a bible story together and say our prayers. It's as sweet as it sounds. We never have to ask them to be quiet or to sit still or not play with their toys distractedly. They are always eager to hear the story and ask lots and lots of questions about each story. They always listen and they wake up every morning excited to put into practice all the great lessons learned! {Giggle} Yes, of course some nights are more difficult than others but I wouldn't trade all of those hard nights for one of the good ones. I hope it becomes something they grow to treasure and value.

The past two days, Kathryn has drawn me numerous "I love you" cards with a beautiful stick-rendition of she and I. She is so creative and has such a fun imagination. She and I can make up stories together and be perfectly content. She's the most dainty tomboy you'll ever come across. She loves being a ninja (with purple and pink fingernails) about as much as she loves being a princess. She informed me the other week at school that she was in "Ninja Training"... If I come to her school "after lunch time, she'd introduce me and see if I wanted to train with her." I'm still waiting on my ninja attire to arrive from Amazon. Back ordered at the moment... Can you believe it!?

Jacob is my heart-breaker. He's so jovial and Mr. Mellow. He's tender-hearted and if he is hurt or really tired, he comes up to me and tells me he wants "some lovin'" - you know, cuddles and snuggles on the couch. He talks so much these days trying to keep up with his sister (who of course is trying to keep up with me so we have lots of chatting going on in this house!!) He is ALL boy. Practically the minute he turned two, he decided to declare it to the world. Trucks, tractors and trains. Play any of those with him and he'll be your best friend.

I think that wraps it up for now. Feeling extrememly thankful for family and days when we can truly just enjoy our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment