Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Man, am I on a roll with posting or what!? It's like words are spewing out of me and I can't make it stop!

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Every year the same thing happens with me and one of my best friends. I come up with a bunch of goals I want to tackle for the New Year and she doesn't have any. Not one.single.goal. I'm ambitious and pumped to kick off the year and she's mellow and passive, "Oh, it's another year already?" We always chat January 1st and we both talk about how we're going to hold each other accountable to following a budget this year and we're going to be really frugal and yada-yada-yada...and then by February, the budget is blown. Every.single.year.

This year though...This year was different. My list is through the roof! I keep adding more and more to it and I can't stop myself! I have no clue how many things are really on the list because I don't write them down but I'm sure it's about a mile long (at least). I read in a blog I follow that the woman had three goals for the year and a "Word of the Year'. When I read that, I laughed and thought, "What a joke!? Who actually has a "word" of the year??" And you know what? Now, I do too! Oh my goodness, I'm such a poser. I even copied her word. Is that sad? My word (or, I guess "our" word..) is: CALM. Why not? It sounds good, right? She had no mention of a "Number of the Year" or "Color of the Year" so maybe she's holding out until next year.. I'll keep you posted though because if this is the new trend, I know you will want to be a part of it. I'll just go ahead and declare mine now. Number = 10. Color = Blue.

Speaking of CALM. Is it just me or do you have 3/4 of your friends on Facebook "hidden"? It's weird because I'm only reading like 6 updates daily anymore and I have almost 500 friends?... ha.ha.ha. If it were not for people who lived out of state, Facebook would be history for me. I love how you can classify people on it. "Friend", "Close Friend", "Acquaintance", etc.. I started a new list, "Friend on Facebook but not in real life" and "Friend in real life but not on Facebook". It's been really helpful.

And on that note, I will be signing off. Stay Calm and Carry On...

No comments:

Post a Comment