Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!! It's so interesting to me how year after year you can celebrate the same holiday and each year the impact is always different from the last. This Easter was really special. This time of year is one of the few times you can actually follow along Christ's footsteps leading up to his resurrection. I remember from years past always hearing "The Easter Story" at church on Easter Sunday. I always loved it - and singing "He Lives" and "Up from the Grave He Arose". I actually made a bet with Matt that we'd sing those two songs at church...we sang "He Lives"!! Hmm...Hopefully God saw the humor of me betting on a Sunday! Easter was always a day of celebration but this year was a little different. For the week leading up to Good Friday and Easter Sunday, Matt and I read the Gospels of Jesus' last week. If you need something to bring you to your knees, read that! It's just a glimpse of what Jesus went through for us.Talk about a roller coaster week of emotions. By the time Sunday came around, I knew exactly want the world CELEBRATION meant. Thank you LORD!

Sunday afternoon Matt and I cooked a scrumptious meal together. The menu:
Honey Baked Ham - Mom surprised us and got us one! Yummy!!
Deviled Eggs
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans
Homemade Yeast Rolls
Pumpkin Bars with cream cheese icing for dessert

What a wonderful Easter!!









No comments:

Post a Comment