Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kathryn's Visit to GA - Day 1

What do you do when you have absolutely nothing on the agenda and your sweet daughter just left with her Noni for a few days visit in GA?!? We've left Kathryn overnight a handful of times with Mom and Dad to watch but it was either for an anniversary or overnight trip - some type of organized outing. This time, totally last minute, Mom suggested before she left to drive back to GA that she take Kathryn for a few days so she and Michael can play together and Matt and I have a weekend to ourselves. They left at approximately 11:22am this morning and I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that I am home alone without Kathryn for a few days and with absolutely nothing planned. It's such a weird feeling!! 

Right after they left, I started my day with a long shower. Took my time to put makeup on and straightened my hair. I had lunch at the table all by lonesome and wondered what in the world I was going to do. It's funny to think about now because I took almost a solid hour debating whether or not to agree to Mom's suggestion. I thought about how much I'd miss her and what I'd do without her and likely how bored I'd be without her company. Yet, as soon as I asked Kathryn if she wanted to go to GA with Noni for a few days she immediately said yes, went and put a necklace and bracelet on herself, got the calculator out of the drawer that she pretends is a phone and put that in her shorts pocket and then went to put her shoes on and told me she "has to go". 

This is the time she would be napping so I keep forgetting if I "wanted" to go to Target or the grocery store or wherever, I actually could go right now and not have to wait until she wakes up around 3pm. It's like the sky's the limit but I don't even know what to do or where to begin! Should clean the house? Do laundry? Go to a movie? Get a prenatal message? Sleep!? Blog until she returns? :)

All in all, it's such a strange feeling not having your favorite girl in the world around you when there really isn't any reason at all for her to be away.

No comments:

Post a Comment