Saturday, June 19, 2010

A True Friend - Going on 16 years

Where to start!? There's a lot to be said about a true friend. I am extremely blessed to have several and thank God for those He's put into my life over the years. Brooke just flew home earlier this morning and while this wasn't your typical 'girls-weekend' trip, as always, we had the best time together.

You know you're best friends when...
1. Your friend wants to plan a visit to see you and your family and you mention, "remember all those rooms we've painted together over the years in high school and in college, what do you think about helping me paint the new nursery while you're here?" and she enthusiastically, without a doubt, jumps at the opportunity and goes on and on about how fun it will be. 
2. Your friend arrives and you hesitantly and regrettably ask her if she'd be okay having to sleep on an air-mattress and she doesn't even bat-an-eye and replys, "Of course! No problem, I don't care where I sleep- I'm here to spend time with you guys."
3. Your friend (a 120 pound GIRL) moves about 70% of the furniture in the nursery ALL by herself and lets me be the 'supervisor'...
4. Your friend helps you pick out paint, tape the trim and the edges of the ceiling so you don't have to climb a ladder, and paints the entire top half of the room - going on about 'how much fun she's having'.
5. Your friend cooks breakfast for you one morning - "bomb-shell omelets" with the leftover green peppers, onions and sausage from the dinner the night before.
6. Your friend can't wait to go to your dr's appointment with you and helps keep your child entertained for an hour so you can take your glucose test and then continues to thank me about a million times for letting her go with me!
7. Your friend unloads the dishwasher/loads up and constantly offers to cook or help cook.
8. You have the BEST couple of days just hanging out and spending time together when really all we did was get supplies to paint, paint the nursery, go to dr appointments, run a few errands and talk about how much fun we were having just hanging out together!

I've said it before but I am one spoiled rotten girl. I pray I am just as gracious to my friends as they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment