Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Climbing out of cribs...

Storytime... Yesterday, as I was putting Kathryn down for a nap, she climbed "into" her crib and then showed me she apparently also knows how to climb "out" of her crib. This was the first time I had seen either attempt. Today, when I was laying her down for a nap, I didn't want to say anything to her about climbing out because I didn't want to draw attention to it and remind her of yesterday if possibly she had no intentions in the first place of climbing out today! I laid her down. Shut her door and started doing a little work in the room next door. Approximately .004 seconds later, she was opening my door and saying, "Mama? Mama?" looking for me. Not only can she climb out of her crib, she's fast and she's SILENT! She may be the next ninja in the making. So I picked her up, put her back in the crib and had a little "come to Jesus" talk with her if she ever climbed out of the crib again. I was very clear what the consequences would be and very firm. She's in her cute little pig tails again today and as always, just as cute as cute can be so while I'm talking to her, I just can't help but think how precious she is! (Even though of course I'm basically threatening her with her life if she climbs out again..) So she acknowledges that she understands and I lay her down again. I shut the door and go back into the other room to work. Half an hour goes by and by this point I am PUMPED. Just when a little pride starts to settle over my body, I hear Kathryn in the hallway, "Mama? Mama?" and I open the door so she sees me and I can give her my, "You didn't listen to me" face before I discipline her. And she goes, "Kathryn went pooh-pooh in crib, Mama". Sure enough, she was right. So............I actually chuckled a little because I probably should have clarified: "Do not get out of the crib UNLESS you have to go pooh-pooh!" Oh the things you learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment