Friday, March 19, 2010

Lollipops, Friends and Thank You Lord!

What a great week! Today we were driving in the car and Kathryn randomly yells out "Thank You LORD!" It was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard in my life. I usually say that to her during the day or while we're driving - or of course if we were able to get our favorite Chic-fil-a breakfast (#2 three-count with a sweet tea), or if it's a beautiful day, or if we finally got rain we've been needing... But today, I'm pretty sure she said it because it is ABSOLUTELY beautiful outside! Spring is "officially" tomorrow but today we had warm weather, a beautiful blue sky and lots of green around us. I told Kathryn she was exactly right! It was such a sweet moment.

Yesterday we got to meet up with some of our dear friends for a few hours. The picture below is of Kathryn and her sweet friend Payton. They have such a blast together! (Obviously you can tell from the picture!)


And lastly...I saw from another friend's blog (CJ) ...the power of a lollipop... (ahem!) Needless to say, I bought a bag full of THREE HUNDRED LOLLIPOPS. Don't worry, they're all not for Kathryn and that was the smallest amount they sold! We'll be passing most of them out to the neighbors and any strangers we can think to get rid of most of them but nonetheless, they are certainly a powerful tool. I had to lay the ground rules down with Matt and Kathryn. This is a MAJOR treat so hand diligently.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love a lollipop! I use them only in desperate situations so they are a real treat for my kiddos :) Kathryn is just beautiful can't wait to see what the next one is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha :) They're a major treat for K too. I just thought it was funny that the smallest bag I could find was a HUGE one. She was introduced to them this week at the dr's office for being a "good patient". That and the timing of your blog was perfect!

    ReplyDelete