Saturday, March 27, 2010

Last night...& Easter Egg Hunt

I'll start with the bad and end with the good for this post. Last night was DIFFICULT to say the least. Now that Kathryn can climb out of her crib and there are no chains that I could legally purchase and use without child services putting me behind bars, it's hard keeping her in bed now. Her bedtime is around 7pm and last night she climbed out of bed at least 10 times before 9:45pm. Each time she was disciplined, we spoke about it and a few of those times prayed together yet she still continued to disobey. TWO of those times she climbed out to turn the light on and was sitting on the floor reading her little bible. I mean, what can you do!? She finally fell asleep around 10am, woke up and came into our room around 3am -- just long enough for me to wake up, carry her back to bed and then she fell asleep again but it definitely woke me up enough to not be able to fall back asleep easily -- AND I'm A SLEEP PERSON. THEN, she was bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 6:10am this morning. What a night. I've been re-strategizing for this evening. New battle, new approach. It's all good.

This morning on the other hand, was wonderful. Matt is still taking his Saturday class every other weekend so it was just us girls this morning. Our neighborhood had a Easter Egg Hunt and bouncy castle so Kathryn and I went to that together. This was her first Easter Egg Hunt and she caught on very quickly the idea of the "hunt". She was so cute. After we got home and she was going through her eggs with candy, every time she came across a mini-snickers or milky-way, she'd hand it to me and say, "Mama's..." or "Dada's...". Apparently all other candy types were hers. It was really sweet to see. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment